Re: Option Inspector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22603] Re: Option Inspector
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:03:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8ahp2g$k14 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Andrew J Fortune" <mathman at ains.net.au> writes:

> I go to the Option Inspector, and choose Formatting Options / Font Options
> and then click the down-arrow button to the right of "FontFamily". I  expect
> a Font dialog box to appear at this point, but it just comes up with a
> single button labelled "Automatic".  (FYI, I am using Mathematica 3.0 under
> Windows 98.)
>
> Can someone tell me what this means, and why I don't get a list of available
> fonts ?

When asking questions about the Option Inspector, please specify the
scope setting that was set in the drop-down list box at the top of the
dialog.  It is meaningless to speak of the influence of options without
knowing the scope at which you are dealing.

The value of Automatic means that the the front end will use a default
font setting for the scope at which you are working.  What that default
is depends on your operating system.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com