Re: Fonts problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22602] Re: Fonts problem
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:03:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8aek6e$3dc at smc.vnet.net>,
AC Kyle Davis <kyledavis at nowhere.com> writes:

> I prefer to work at 1280 x 1024, big fonts at Windows 98 SE with a 19"
> monitor. At this resolution, Mathematica 4.01 kernel and help browser fonts
> are too small. I try to enlarge it by going to Format | Magnification | 150%
> or 200%, it works but the problem is the next time I run Mathematica, the
> magnification goes back to 100% again. How do I save the setting for the
> magnification ?

To specify that everything be displayed at 150 % of original size, evaluate
the following expression in a notebook.

SetOptions[$FrontEnd, Magnification -> 1.5]

Setting this option at the global level will save it in the front end's
preferences, making the setting persistent between launches of the front
end.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com