Re: magnification issue

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22619] Re: magnification issue
  • From: topquark at my-deja.com
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:46:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8a5366$dku at smc.vnet.net>,
topquark at my-deja.com wrote:
> I operate my monitor at 1600x1200 and find that while the magnif.
> tool works fine to make notebooks comfortably readable, I would also
> like to magnify certain other aspects of the interface, like for
> example the buttons in the special symbol palettes. I presume the
> images in the buttons are obtained from a Postscript typeface, and
> hence in theory should scale easily.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions (beside running my monitor at a lower
> resolution :)
>
> Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestions regarding palette properties.

Regarding the options browser and help browser menu text, I'm very
puzzled why I can't change the font size here, especially given that
the HTML version of the Mathematica book available on Wolfram's website
has very readable text in the menu, although ironically suffers from
the opposite problem, namely that the actual text for a given topic is
illegibly small for math formulas (since presumably the math is stored
as GIF image files for the browser to be able to display them).  Since
web browsers like IE can scale text within reasonable bounds the menu
titles can be made quite readable.  Presumably there should be a way to
scale the menu text in Mathematica notebook *browsers* be they for help
or option inspection.

Are the browsers themselves notebooks with style sheets whose
properties can be edited?

Many thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.