Re: How to animate the process of a function Plot in only one picture.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22647] Re: How to animate the process of a function Plot in only one picture.
  • From: adam_smith at my-deja.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:11:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8an1v9$1te at smc.vnet.net>,
"mason" <mhl at tpts1.seed.net.tw> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net wrote:
> Dear all,
> How can I plot, for example, sin(x) and see the curve gradually
extending
> from x=0 ( curve up and down) until x=2pi?
> Thanks.
> My e-mail address : mailto:mhl at gn.tpemail.net.tw
> Mason Lee

Here is my solution using the Graphics`Animation` package. I don't
know if you have used the animation package before. In case you have
not, be sure to use the "backwards" single quote `. On US keyboards it
is usually on the top left paired with the "~". I do not know
Tiawanese keyboards so it might be in a different location for you.
In[1]:=
<< Graphics`Animation`
In[2]:=
Animate[Plot[Sin[2 Pi x], {x, 0, 2*n*Pi},
PlotRange -> {{0, 2 Pi}, {-1.1, 1.1}}], {n, 0.1, 1, .1}]
Hope this helps.
Adam H. Smith
Asst. Prof. of Physics
Hillsdale College