Mathlink two way communication

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22632] Mathlink two way communication
  • From: "Johannes Ludsteck" <ludsteck at zew.de>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:10:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup Members,
I would like to set up a External C function with two arguments: a
_very_ large list of data and a short list of parameters.
Since the function is called very often from Mathematica, it would
increase speed considerable if the large data list were transferred
in the first call and only the parameter list is tranferred in
subsequent calls. (The data remain the same, only the parameters
change).
It's not clear to me, whether section 2.12.9 "Two Way
Communication with External Programs" serves my needs.

Any suggestions? (A example program or piece of code would be
very useful for me too).

Thank you,
	Johannes Ludsteck

Johannes Ludsteck
Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW)
Department of Labour Economics,
Human Resources and Social Policy
Phone (+49)(0)621/1235-157
Fax (+49)(0)621/1235-225