NotebookFind Nonplus

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22750] NotebookFind Nonplus
  • From: James Fuite and Tania Nordli <jfuite at UAlberta.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:27:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Advanced Mathematica Users,

    A useful command to execute a sequence of cells from a button is
NotebookFind[nb,"pathname",All,CellTags].  A user directed program I am
writing leads to a structure whereby many different paths lead to a
central cell.  The result is, that my central cell has as many cell tags
as there are paths leading to it.  A solution to my problem would be had
if NotebookFind was able to simultaneously select cells that have
different cell tags, such as,
NotebookFind[nb,{pathname,centralcell},All,CellTags], then the correct
path plus the central cell would be selected, but, of course,
NotebookFind does not recognize a list of strings as data.  Is there a
way to use NotebookFind or other means to concomitantly select all the
cells that have at least one of a list of cell tags?

                    Sincerely,
                    James J. Fuite.