I have nested lists of ints and reals to be put over Mathlink...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22768] I have nested lists of ints and reals to be put over Mathlink...
  • From: "Jamie B. McHardy" <jamie.mchard at nokia.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:28:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a set of data that I need to get over a mathlink from Mathematica
to C.

It is of the structure:
{
 {}, // There can be many empty sets.
 {},
 {},
 {
  {
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},// There can be variable of these
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},// and these
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   10
  }
 },
 {},
 {
  {// and these
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   12
  },
  {
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   8
  },
  {
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   {
    {1, 3.993, 2},
    {1, 3.993, 2},
   },
   19
  }
 }
}

I thought I could call MLGetRealArray(...) but this would
require an array.  Since some of these sets can be variable
sizes and some can be empty, how would I go about implementing
this in C.

Thanks
Jamie
:o)