Re: ReExitDialog in ButtonfFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23448] Re: Re[mg23369] ExitDialog in ButtonfFunction
  • From: "David Bailey" <db at salford-software.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jacqueline Zizi <jazi at club-internet.fr> wrote in message
news:8etoij$mv7 at smc.vnet.net...
> I already answer you on the French list GroumF. May  be you did not get
> the answer? Or don't you like it? If so Why?

I think the point here is that Return[] only seems to work when directly
entered at the top level. It does not work in a button, nor does it work in
a function (where it has another meaning of course).

I encountered this problem some time ago and Wolfram support offered the
following (which works):

ButtonBox["Resume", ButtonEvaluator -> None,
    ButtonFunction :>  FrontEnd`ExitSubsession[Automatic],
    Active -> True] // DisplayForm

Curiously, there is a function ExitDialog with a usage statement but no
other documentation which also fails when put inside a button! It would be
nice if WRI fixed this function and documented it for the next release.

David Bailey
Salford Software