Re: Re: ReExitDialog in ButtonfFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23485] Re: [mg23448] Re: Re[mg23369] ExitDialog in ButtonfFunction
  • From: Jacqueline Zizi <jazi at club-internet.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:54:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David Bailey wrote:

>  It does not work in a button

Why not?.. It does work on my Mac G3 under Mac OS 8.6 and also on an old PC
486 DX2 under Windows 95...

Please tell exactly where in my answer _recalled in following_ the things that
does not work:

B) To have a button to do this job: here is a simple way .
1) menu Input > CreateButton>Evaluate will create a button. Filled it
with Return[].
2) select the cell with the button in
3) menu File> Generate Palette from Selection will make a palette with a
single button in it
4) click

David Bailey wrote:

>  Wolfram support offered the following (which works):
>
> ButtonBox["Resume", ButtonEvaluator -> None,
>     ButtonFunction :>  FrontEnd`ExitSubsession[Automatic],
>     Active -> True] // DisplayForm

Sure this works but it gives a Button in a notebook not in a floatting
palette.

If you want a button in a notebook my solution works as well. Unstead of  step
3) do the following:
3) Select the Button . Then  file menu >FormatOption Inspector> Active check
True.

Jacqueline Zizi