Re: [Linux] A Mathematica Fonts problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23506] Re: [Linux] A Mathematica Fonts problem
  • From: mend0070 at garnet.tc.umn.edu (Philip C Mendelsohn)
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Shu-Ju Tu (sjtu at plato.physics.purdue.edu) wrote:

: Hi

: I updated Redhat Linux from 6.0 to 6.2 and Mathematica complains
: "Mathematica fonts are not properly installed in this system".
: I did type

: xset fp+ /usr/local/mathematica/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1
: xset fp+ /usr/local/mathematica/SystemFiles/Fonts/X
: xset rehash

: But still has the same error message.
: What Should I do at this point? Please email me for your help.
: (I don't have any problems before I upgrated to 6.2.)

Did you check to see that the Fonts directories you listed actually
exist and contain files?

Are you running remotely?  If so, make sure the fonts are installed
on the remote machine you wish to use.

Hope this isn't all painfully obvious.

Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math