Re: sending notebooks as attatchments with microsoft OutlookExpress...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23582] Re: [mg23568] sending notebooks as attatchments with microsoft OutlookExpress...
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:12:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

on 00.5.21 6:44 AM, Mark Harder at harderm at ucs.orst.edu wrote:

> I have been in contact with Wolfram Tech. Assistance re a problem I
> have been having with one of my notebooks.  In response to their
> request, I made several attempts to attatch a copy of the notebook to
> them via Outlook Express.  All such attempts failed with the result that
> OE could not be opened again without a fatal access denied error
> occuring within a few seconds of launching the browser.  I spent a few
> days back and forth with microsoft, and i now can fix OE if one of these
> errors occurs.  However, the behavior persists, & it is independent of
> which notebook I send, whether the notebook is empty or not, whether or
> not  any other programs are open at the time.  If I convert the notebook
> to text form, I can send it , provided I don't open the Outbox in OE
> before the email is transferred to "Sent Items".  There seems to be
> something about the *display* of the notebook (perhaps the Mathematica
> notebook icon itself) that causes OE to fail catastrophically when
> sending it. I eventually FTP'ed my notebook to my account on my campus'
> central computer & used Pine to send it from there.  Hopefully
> support at Wolfram got it.  This is not an acceptable method for me to send
> notebooks to support repeatedly, however.  I asked Wolfram support if
> they knew anything about this problem, and they did not, so I am
> submitting it here in case anyone cab tell me how to avoid this problem.
> I could, for instance install Eudora; but I don't want to do all that
> without hearing that it solves my problem.
> thanks,
> mark harder
> harderm at ucs.orst.edu

I assume you mean Outlook Express for Windows? I am using OE 5.02 for MacOS.
I often send all kinds of Mathematica notebooks as attatchments (just sent
one 5 minutes ago) and have never experienced any problems.
--
Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University

http://platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/andrzej/