Re: overwriting previous line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25898] Re: overwriting previous line
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 02:56:05 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

it is perherps the better solution, pubished by Theodore Gray
in The Mathematica Jounal 7(3).

It write to the status line of the notebook, don't fill you
notbook with print messages and I think it is the right place
to have a progress report with

ShowStatus[status_] :=
  LinkWrite[$ParentLink,
    SetNotebookStatusLine[FrontEnd`EvaluationNotebook[],
ToString[status]]]

and

 counter=0;
 FixedPoint[ (counter++;ShowStatus[counter];f[#]) & , x]

Hope that helps
  Jens