Trouble in saving graphics as eps file.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26054] Trouble in saving graphics as eps file.
  • From: chenjs at iopp.ccnu.edu.cn (Chen Jisheng)
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:08:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

New to mathematica, I meet some troubles in saving the graphics as eps
file(s) for the sake of inserting in a tex file.
1). Usually, the note text of Greek words can be displayed correctly
in Mathematica, however, when it is saved as an eps file, it can not
been displayed rightly again. For example, the Greek words \[Mu] is
displayed as "m". What happened in the world? In real work, I must
note the graph file with Greek words, such as the inverse of
temperature, \[Beta] and the chemical potential \[mu], etc..
2).Even the bracket "(" or "[" in the FrameLabel or AxesLabel can not
be displayed in an eps file.

With these two little annoying troubles, I find it is to difficult to
use the mathematica to give an eps file.

Who can help me to solve these problems? Looking forward to hearing
 from you.

Your sincerely,
Chen Jisheng