How to solve the problem of Greece words of text note in graphics?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg26039] How to solve the problem of Greece words of text note in graphics?
- From: Chen Jisheng <chenjs at iopp.ccnu.edu.cn>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:07:56 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Sir, I'm new to Mathematica. I have generated plots that I'd like to note these figures with some words. Sometimes, I always must use some Greece words in my figure(s), such as "\omega,\mu, \sigma" etc. To my surprise, with in Mathematica, the graph(s) with Plolog->Text["\mu"] can be displayed correctly; however, when this correctly displayed figure(s) are saved as eps figures, the Greece words can not be displayed correctly. For example, the Greece word \mu is wrongly displayed as "m" in an save eps file when viewed with ghostview. So, with trouble, the eps file can not be inserted in the tex file. In dealing with actual physical problems, the Greece can not be avoided, such the chemical potential \mu, the inverse of temperature,\beta, etc.. Who can solve this little problem? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you. Best regards, Chen jisheng