Re: BinCounts Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26097] Re: [mg26073] BinCounts Function
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:55:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If V.3 (Student Version) has access to the standard add-on packages in
the same way as professional versions there should be no problem:

In[1]:=
<< Statistics`DataManipulation`
In[2]:=
dt1 = Range[10]
Out[2]=
{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10}
In[3]:=
BinCounts[dt1, {1, 10, 1}]
Out[3]=
{1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1}

which is the right answer. Check if the add-on has been properly loaded.
Try e.g.

In[1]:=
?BinCounts

If you get something like

Information::"notfound": "Symbol BinCounts not found."

then the add-on package has not been loaded.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City

"Jeffrey M Col=F3n" <jcolon at mail.lawnet.fordham.edu> wrote:

> I'm having some difficulty in applying the BinCounts function to a
simple
> data set.
>
> Load the statistics/datamanipulation programs
> dt1 = {1,2,3, etc.}
> BinCounts[dt1, {1,10,1}] produces the following output:
BinCounts[{1,2,3,