Re: BinCounts Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26106] Re: BinCounts Function
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 01:55:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jeffrey,
The following works

<< Statistics`DataManipulation`

data = Table[Random[Integer, {0, 12}], {100}];

BinCounts[data, {1, 10, 1}]

{9, 12, 8, 4, 7, 7, 6, 7, 10}

Please makes sure that you are doing things correctly. For example:
If Context["BinCounts"] give a message that the symbol BinCounts could not
be found then the package has not been loaded
If Context["BinCounts"] give give a context other than
Statistics`DataManipulation` then there is a previous use of the symbol
BinCounts.  Remove[BinCounts] removes the previously created version of
BinCounts that is shadowing the one from the package that you want to use.

--
Allan
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198