Re: New version of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26194] Re: New version of Mathematica
  • From: ariciputi at mac.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:02:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8vvrha$3i1 at smc.vnet.net>,
  Wolfram Research <info at wolfram.com> wrote:
> Wolfram Research, Inc. is proud to announce the release of
Mathematica
> 4.1, the latest version of the world's leading technical computing
> system.
>
> Key new features in Mathematica 4.1 include:
> * Enhanced symbolic differential equation solvers
> * Dramatic speed improvements in statistics functions
> * Java Integration with J/Link 1.1
> * Improved MathML integration including copy and paste of
formulas to
>   web browsers
> * New support for LinuxPPC and AlphaLinux platforms
> * New and faster import/export filters for Excel files, tabular data,
>   compressed BMP, DXF, and others

Hi,
I'm a Mac user of Mathematica and I'm wondering if the new
version of Mathematica for MacOS is Carbon compliant or not (i.e.
can it run under MacOS X or not??). I've not found any mention of
that on the Wolfram site.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/