front end graphics display

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25607] front end graphics display
  • From: Gianluca Gorni <gorni at dimi.uniud.it>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:04:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I have met an odd behaviour of the graphics display of my
Mathematica Front End 4.0 for PowerMac.

Consider the following:

rects[n_] :=
  Show[GraphicsArray[a =
     Graphics[Raster[Array[0 &, {n, n}]]]; {a, a}]]

This should show up as two black rectangles side by side.

rects[124] behaves as expected, but rects[125] only the
rectangle on the left is visible. If I click on the graphics,
I see that space is left for the other rectangle. If I Export[]
the picture as eps and view it in other applications, both
rectangles are there all right.

It seems that it is a Front End problem.

Best regards,

               Gianluca Gorni

--

 | Gianluca Gorni                  |