- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25681] Solve...
- From: Anesh Sooklal <anesh at fermi.udw.ac.za>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear mathgroup, I have been trying to solve the following equation using Solve, When I type in the following line I get a message saying that an illegal operation has been performed. f[w_]: = 1./(w^2) + (.9/30.)/(w - 2. Sqrt[200./10.]k)^2 - 1.- (3./30.)/( Sqrt[200./10.]k^2 ) Solve[f[w]==0., w] Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. My aim is to generate a set a roots,w , which is a function of k. Thanking you in advance Aneshkumar Sooklal Research Assistant Dept. of Physics University of Durban-Westville South Africa Tel: (031) 204 4991 email: anesh at fermi.udw.ac.za Physics Homepage: http://fermi.udw.ac.za Plasma Physics Homepage: http://plasma.udw.ac.za
- From: Carl Woll <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: Solve...
- From: Daniel Lichtblau <email@example.com>