Re: Mathematica -> "AI"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25706] Re: [mg25659] Mathematica -> "AI"
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Display[channel, graphics, "format"] writes graphics or sound in the
specified format (see Help Browser under "Display"). One of the possible
formats to be used is "Illustrator", which is Adobe Illustrator format.
Example:

In[1]:=
a = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}]

In[2]:=
Display["sinegraph.ILS", a, "Illustrator"];

This stores the graph generated by Plot in Adobe Illustrator format in
the file sinegraph.ILS in the default directory. For a list of the
formats which can be used with "Display" see The Book, p. 1070.

Tomas Garza

Mexico City

"Manuel Arala Chaves" <machaves at fc.up.pt> wrote:

> I never succeeded exporting graphics from Mathematica to Adobe
> Illustrator format neither with version 3 nor 4.
> I tried for a curve  Export ["name.AI", curve]: a file name.ai is
> created, but I cannot import it to Adobe Illustrator 9.0 : parsing
error
> (not more successful with Corel Draw 9). If I do the same for
"name.WMF",
> I have no problem: the file can be successfully imported by Corel
Draw.