RE: functions, packages, and contexts

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25024] RE: [mg24991] functions, packages, and contexts
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Matt,

Do you construct and deconstruct the symbol that gives the formula? There
might be a problem according to how you do it.

If you passed the symbol from your main notebook, there wouldn't be a
problem. But if you construct the symbol within the the package, then you
can make it a global symbol by writing it as Global`C1O2. I have even used a
construction like this within a package:

With[{C1O2=Global`C1O2, H2O1=Global`H2O1},
w = MW[C1O2];
]

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net