Re: Disabling MathReader?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25189] Re: Disabling MathReader?
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:24:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8pkl6q$m7m at smc.vnet.net>, AES <siegman at stanford.edu> writes: > Saw a message pointing to a URL for downloading latest version of > MathReader. Don't need it at present, but thought I might possibly in > the future, so downloaded and installed it. > > Now all my existing notebooks, created in Mathematica, open in > MathReader, not Mathematica, when double-clicked. Haven't so far found > any info in the documentation on how to reverse this. > > What a drag! Any way to reverse this? You don't state what platform you're using, so the answer to this question will vary according to your situation. Under Windows, file associations handled by the Windows Explorer shell and are mapped according to filename extension. See this Microsoft Knowledge Base article for an example of how to associate more than one application with a given extension. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/2/17.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=tech&FR=0 -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.