Syntax Error in "Find"???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30248] Syntax Error in "Find"???
  • From: aes <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:14:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a Mathematica notebook I keep adding to that contains useful
hints and kinks I've learned in Hard Knocks Tech -- it contains headers,
text commentary, and sample Input cells showing things like how to print
in bold, how to insert a page break, etc.  I can open it and search it
while working on another notebook.

When I do this, however, the first time I invoke "Find" on this
notebook, I invariably get the error message

      There was a syntax error on line 3 of the cell expression.
      The error was

         \`\"ToFileName[\"Directory\*"\"",\\*"\

(I think I copied that mess correctly -- be nice if one could Copy &
Paste from an error dialog box).

After that, the Find command works just fine for searching through my
notebook.