Re: Syntax errors in autogenerated packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31969] Re: [mg31929] Syntax errors in autogenerated packages
  • From: jmt <jmt at agat.net>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:52:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I encountered the same kind of problems in version 4.0, in the following
situation :
a long long compound expression, in a cell marked as "initialization cell",
intended to generate a ".m" file.

The solution I adopted finally is to enclose the compound expression with (),
i.e. :

myFunction[args___]:=Module[{vars},
(
expr1;expr2);
(exp3;expr4)
]

I might be wrong, but I suspect the parser to be disturbed when compound
expressions are longer than a certain integer.

jmt