Re: mathematica crashes after 10 seconds of computation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27074] Re: [mg26969] mathematica crashes after 10 seconds of computation
  • From: Anthony Yeung <syeung at cc.UManitoba.CA>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 04:59:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In <95b6ou$4o7 at smc.vnet.net> "Barthelet, Luc" <lucb at ea.com> writes:

>I suggest you run this at the top of any notebook.
>This will fix the problem, if it is what I used to experience under Win98,
>mainly a mistake in my typing would generate a huge output
>and Mathematica would crash.

>reallyBig[x_] := If[ByteCount[x] > 200000, "Too Large", x];
>$Post = reallyBig;

>thanks,

>Luc

hi Luc,
  I put your codes in front and still performing illegal operations and the program works on
other machines (running NT4). Is the memory management in Win98 that bad. Also
I don't know why the available physical memory is only 15M left after
a fresh reboot (system monitor) and there are some locked memory (35.7M)
How can I clear some background shareware to increase my physical?

Thanks

Anthony

--
Anthony S. K. YEUNG,