Q: How to plot field lines?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27285] Q: How to plot field lines?
  • From: Robert <robert.schuerhuber at gmx.at>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:58:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

is there a solution available to create plots of field lines with
mathematica?

i'd search for something like this:

input: components of a vector field (plut the plane where to plot, if
the field is 3-dimensional)
output: plot of the field lines

i know of the function "plotvectorfield" and its options, but i couldn't
create a plot having continuous lines!

if such a plot is not available with mathematica, with which software
could i do this?

thanks, robert