Re: chaos-to -order transform

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27321] Re: chaos-to -order transform
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:16:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) revrite you code to

T[t_] := {{2 Cos[t], Cos[t] - Sin[t]}, {Cos[t] + Sin[t], Cos[t]}}

Iterate[p_, t_?NumericQ, n_Integer] := With[{tau = T[t]},
    NestList[Mod[tau.#, 1] &, p, n]
    ]

p = {.4, .7};
t = 1.14724;(*parameter 0 <= t <= Pi/2*)
lst = Iterate[p,t, 500];

ListPlot[lst, Frame -> True, Axes -> False, AspectRatio -> 1]

b) Select the plot, hold down the Mod1 (Ctrl on Windows)
   key, click the coordinate with the mouse, type
   Mod1-C  (the Mod1 key is already pressed) move
   to the input line you like and paste the coordinates
   with Mod1-V

Regards
  Jens