Differential eqn. with interpolated coeficients

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29158] Differential eqn. with interpolated coeficients
  • From: Daniel Arteaga <darteaga at ffn.ub.es>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:15:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I need to solve a ordinary second order differential equation, of the
type y''[x] + P[x] y'[x] + Q[x] == 0, where the coefficients P[x] and
Q[x] are an interpolating function (or a table of numerical data).

I have tried with NDSolve, but it seems to admit only an interpolating
function for Q[x], but not for P[x]. Does any one know what could I do?

Regards,

Daniel Arteaga