Repeating decimals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29202] Repeating decimals
  • From: Tom De Vries <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:56:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi again!

In my previous posting, I had asked some questions about representing
decimals.  I did a bit more reading and found out about the machine
precision of real numbers, and that answers a lot of my questions about how
things are represented by Mathematica.

So here is another question.    Has anyone written a function that will do a
division of two integers to any number of decimal places, where "any" can be
stipulated by the user?

Tom De Vries