MathReader, Linux installation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29215] MathReader, Linux installation?
  • From: Sampo Smolander <sampo.smolander+news at helsinki.fi>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 05:30:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Anyone having experiences on installing MathReader for Linux,
as from http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathreader/linux.html ?

(I personally know little about Linux administration, but)
I got a comment from the admin guys of our department, that all they
managed to get out was an error: "No file exists for resource 318".
They also commented something on the cleverness of the installation
script. (And I have no reason to suspect that our dept.'s admins
would not know Linux ;-)

--
Sampo Smolander at Helsinki.Fi, http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ssmoland/
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki