Re: Notebook to PDF Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29222] Re: [mg29204] Notebook to PDF Windows
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 04:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Oscar A. Linares wrote:

> I am running Mathematica 4.1 on Windows 2000. Does anyone know a way
> to convert an Mathematica notebook to PDF on this plat form. We have
> the full Adobe Acrobat product but have not been successful.

It would be helpful if you would include a brief summary of what you have
tried and the unsuccessful results that you encountered.

A typical PDF generation procedure looks like this:

Mathematica    PostScript                      Acrobat
notebook     -------------->  PostScript file ------------> PDF file
             printer driver                    Distiller

You may need to configure Distiller to locate the Type 1 versions of the
Math fonts on your system.  For Windows, you will find them in

<path to Mathematica installation>\SystemFiles\Fonts\Type1

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.