export & import an expr

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29313] export & import an expr
  • From: umud.ozturk at arcelik.com.tr
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:10:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
I have a large matrix "m" that takes time to form it. Therefore I want to
store it in a data file by such a command,
Put[m,file.dat]

Then when I want to use it in a new notebook,
Get[m,file.dat]

But I did not succeed to make operation using "m" variables. The m symbol
was not assigned to the matrix. Since I don't want to display that large
matrix after getting it, I prefer to use it by a symbol "m".

It takes lots of time to try it with such a large matrix.
Do you have any idea?
Thanks lot.
Umud.