Simple question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29426] Simple question
  • From: George Kamin <g_kamin at argotech.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 05:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Sirs/Madame;

 I tried using the Series[] function to generate a series expansion
(polynomial in the dependent variable) for a relatively simple function,
which M did nicely, but it insistes on including an "order of" term
(O[stuff*dep_var]) at the end of the polynomial. When I try to plot this
function, M insists on including it in the evaluation so that the O[] term
is a non-numerical value and hence cannot be plotted. How do I get rid of
this pesty appendage?? I tried a simple cut-paste, but even if I explicitly
delete the "order of" symbol, M somehow restores it!!! (I ask M to list the
function before trying to plot it, and presto, there is the "order of"
thing AGAIN. Please, can anyone explain to me how to get around this
problem. Many Thanks for your assistance.!!!!!!!