- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29426] Simple question
- From: George Kamin <g_kamin at argotech.net>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 05:35:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Sirs/Madame; I tried using the Series function to generate a series expansion (polynomial in the dependent variable) for a relatively simple function, which M did nicely, but it insistes on including an "order of" term (O[stuff*dep_var]) at the end of the polynomial. When I try to plot this function, M insists on including it in the evaluation so that the O term is a non-numerical value and hence cannot be plotted. How do I get rid of this pesty appendage?? I tried a simple cut-paste, but even if I explicitly delete the "order of" symbol, M somehow restores it!!! (I ask M to list the function before trying to plot it, and presto, there is the "order of" thing AGAIN. Please, can anyone explain to me how to get around this problem. Many Thanks for your assistance.!!!!!!!