- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29579] Re: PS.
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:12:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, it would make you live much much harder ! because you have to re-write FORTRAN code of 40 years of numerical programming. You could not spend time in doing actual research because you have to rewirte millons of FORTRAN code inlucding the nice FORTRAN 4 with computed goto's, assgined if's and my beloved EQUIVALENCE statements. I don't like FORTRAN but it is the basic of all numerical programming. Regards Jens Orestis Vantzos wrote: > > PS. I have nothing against people who use Fortran,OK? I just think it should > be dead and buried by now...that would make my life as a (young) > mathematician much,much easier.. > Orestis