Re: PS.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29579] Re: PS.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:12:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

it would make you live much much harder ! because you have to
re-write FORTRAN code of 40 years of numerical programming.

You could not spend time in doing actual research because
you have to rewirte millons of FORTRAN  code inlucding the
nice FORTRAN 4 with computed goto's, assgined if's and
my beloved EQUIVALENCE statements.

I don't like FORTRAN but it is the basic of all numerical
programming.

Regards
  Jens