Version 4.0 or 4.1 worse than 3.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg29616] Version 4.0 or 4.1 worse than 3.0?
- From: "Toshiyuki \(Toshi\) Meshii" <meshii at mech.fukui-u.ac.jp>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I know that version 4.0 or 4.1 has many enhancements. However, talking about InverseLaplaceTransform, this may not be true. I am working on an example 6.1, which appears on Kythe et al.'s "Partial Differential Equations and Mathematica." The text tells us that version 3 works well. In:=f[s_] := 1/(E^(a*Sqrt[s])*s); In:= InverseLaplaceTransform[-D[f[s], a], s, t] Out:=1/(E^(a^2/(4*t))*Sqrt[Pi]*Sqrt[t]) Yes, this is OK. But when I tried it on Version 4.0 and 4.1 (Win98), Mathematica couldn't handle it. Out= InverseLaplaceTransform[1/(E^(a*Sqrt[s])*Sqrt[s]), s, t] Can anybody explain what is happening? -Toshi