Re: Two CPU AMD PC and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29607] Re: Two CPU AMD PC and Mathematica
  • From: "Orestis Vantzos" <atelesforos at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:27:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The single most common Mathematica operation I use is Map (and variations of
it, such as Table)...I don't see why it couldn't be made to run
concurrently. Divide the elements of the list to be operated on and spread
among available processors, or something like that. I figure there would be
an impressive speed up of my programs, if this could be done...
Orestis

news:9hc8d2$40r$1 at smc.vnet.net...