Re: Two CPU AMD PC and Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29631] Re: Two CPU AMD PC and Mathematica
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:36:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

it would *if* it take not time to distribute the data to the
other CPU's *and* it would take not time to get the values
back. Since the overhead of sending and getting data
ist extrem high you need a really time consuming function
to outweight it.

In general I can't tell you if there is a speed up.
But I can tell you that our students in the parallel
processing laboratory never get a speed up for the
example tasks :-)))

Regards
  Jens