Charting question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29633] Charting question
  • From: brian <polar at cloud9.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 01:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a couple of questions on setting up multiple charts withinone
cell.  Basically, I am contructing bar charts for commodities.  I have
three modules set up ( BarChart, VolumeChart and OpenInterest)  which
work fine individually.  What I want to do is set these charts with
price the first chart and volume and open interest charts below the
price chart.  I can do something similar to what I am looking for with
Show[GraphicsArray[{{BarChart},{VolumeChart},{OpenInterest}}]] or with
DisplayTogetherArray[{BarChart},{VolumeChart},{OpenInterest}] .
However, when I try to use ImageSize to expand the viewing area the
charts do not expand to take up the entire size used.  For example,
ImageSize->{600,400} which I thought would make the charts appear like a
landscape view does not work.  The charts are bigger but they do not
expand lengthwise.
    Second, is there a way to create two charts within one chart,
similar to a subwindow?  If possible I would like to call
BarChart,VolumeChart and OpenInterest and have the Barchart take up 60%
of the graph are and Volume and OpenInterest each take up 20%.
    Lastly, is there a way to plot two series in one chart using
different values on the Y axis.  I have tried MultipleListPlot but it
doesn't really do what I am looking for.  i want to be able to plot two
value in one chart where one value may range from 0-100000 and the
second value may range from 1-100.  I can do this in excel of FAME but I
can't see how to do this in Mathematica.
Thanks for any help on any of the questions you can provide.

Brian Meehan