Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27837] Re: Calling a remote kernel from an external program.
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:51:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

if you can call LinkCreate[] than you have a program that
acts like a FrontEnd and the kernel can't listen to
two fontends you must call the kernel with

math -mahtlink -linkcreate

or reset the parent link to your program

Regards
  Jens

PS:
Ok. The kernel can listen to two fontends with the
brilliant trick invented by Tod Galley in it's J/Link
packages.