Importing figures

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27937] Importing figures
  • From: Raul Martinez <rmartinez at vrinc.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:49:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To all,

I use Mathematica 4.1 on a Macintosh G3 PowerBook.

I've run into the following problem. I created some simple block
diagrams in PowerPoint, then copied them from PowerPoint and pasted them
into a Mathematica notebook via the clipboard. The problem is that when
viewed in the Mathematica notebook the figures look terrible, with
missing lines, strange-looking arrowheads and fonts, and jaggy lines.
When printed, the figures were correct and complete, however.

The fact that the figures print properly is nice, but I also need them
to display correctly on the screen as I have to project the screen for a
talk.

I tried a few possible workarounds, but none worked.

Does anyone have experience with this? Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Raul Martinez

--
Raul Martinez