Quantum solver for asym. pot. well using Schrodinger's eqn.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28118] Quantum solver for asym. pot. well using Schrodinger's eqn.
  • From: Hersch Pilloff <pilloff at Radix.Net>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:58:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Re: Solver for Schrodinger's eqn for asymmetric potential well?

Looking for a canned solver for the eigenvalues for Schrodinger's
eqn.  with an asymmetric potential well.  For example, if I wanted to
solve for the eigenvalues of one-half (right half) of the well for a
harmonic oscillator, I want the potential only for x=>0.  In general, I
need to solve for a well in 1 dimension which is not symmetrical about
the y axis.

Thank you,

Hersch Pilloff
pilloff at radix.net