I hate using Legend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg29147] I hate using Legend
  • From: "Brett Patterson" <bap at roe.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:28:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am very frustrated by the Legend package.

I have tried using it on and off for several years now,
and I am always dissatisfied with its output.

The main difficulty I have is with the size of the legend box
being too small for the key label I want to use.
It works fine for single (or a few) letter labels,
but seems to screw up for a label of more than about 10 characters.
The box clips the longer labels.
I've tried using LabelTextSpacing, etc but it then
opens a can of worms trying to balance all the spacings
to get a decent label.

Does anyone else have these problems with Legend?

Are there any easy answers?

Regards,
Brett Patterson