Re: printing in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31705] Re: printing in mathematica
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 02:48:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Mike,

This question has come up quite often, and in my opinion the best solution
is due to Theodore Gray, who came up with the following function:

ShowStatus[status_] :=
  LinkWrite[$ParentLink,
    SetNotebookStatusLine[FrontEnd`EvaluationNotebook[],
ToString[status]]]

Just use ShowStatus instead of Print, and whatever you print will show up in
the status line. Note that the status line is present in the default style
sheet. If you happen to use a style sheet which doesn't have a status line,
you can fix this by going to the option inspector, and setting the
WindowElements option to include "StatusArea".

Carl Woll
Physics Dept
U of Washington

news:9tlc88$ph7$1 at smc.vnet.net...