Transformation of Gamma Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31266] Transformation of Gamma Function
  • From: Andre Kronimus <kronimus at whu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

when evaluating the integral (Exp[-Exp[-k t]-t], {t,0,infinity},{k>0})
in Mathematica, it returns a transformed version including Gamma
functions, namely Gamma[1+1/k]-Gamma[1/k,1]/k. The two expressions are
identical for some numerical values that I checked. However, I have been
unable to figure out which transformation rules Mthematica used for
transforming the original integral. Does anybody have an idea which
rules have been used or how to force Mathematica to output every
intermediate step of the transformation?

Andre