Antialias of pictures?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30771] Antialias of pictures?
- From: "ChiaMing Yu" <yucalf at yam.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Sir, I know that Mathematica is not designed specifically to deal with pictures, i.e. Mathematica is not a competitive software against PhotoShop and so on. But when I Export the output of Plot3D to be a GIF picture, even I assign a high-valued PlotPoints (i.e. 400), the curves in the picture still have a lot of small aliases. I mean, because of the so-called 'anti-alias' problem when talk about picture-handling, the curves in the picture have a correct form but NOT smooth enough especially for the publushing or Web purpose. I can use PhotoShop to antialias all pictures exported by Mathematica, but it is trivial. So I want to ask whether Mathematica can export antialiased GIF pictures? Thank you very much for any advice! Chia-Ming Yu