fortran output in 72 columns

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30835] fortran output in 72 columns
  • From: Jorge Luis LLanio Trujillo <jolla at taurus.ci.uc.pt>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:51:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear all,

Q1: How to force mathematica to write to my output file.f in 72 columns
    format? I need to compile it with the f77 compiler (Digital Unix)

I mean,

     FortranForm[D[f,x1,x2]] >> file.f

Q2: Nothing else is needed in the sense to have a pretty print
    fortran format?
    I would like for example to have let say ...

     2.0D0 instead of 2.0 or let say DSQRT instead of just Sqrt

Thanks very much for the help,
                              Jorge