Re: Exporting To Adobe Illustrator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30871] Re: Exporting To Adobe Illustrator
  • From: David Eppstein <eppstein at ics.uci.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 04:04:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <9oc90c$g74$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Jonathan Keith Karpick <jkarpick at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Has any one had any luck exporting graphics to Adobe Illustrator?

I've used the Edit->Save Selection As...->Adobe Illustrator command without
any particular difficulties.

> I'm using Mathematica 4.1 on Unix.

I'm using Mathematica 3.0 and Illustrator 9.0 on a Mac.

Up through version 8, Illustrator format was just a special case of
encapsulated postscript (they've now switched to PDF), so have you tried
exporting EPS instead of AI?
--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/