Simplify this complex expression?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30878] Simplify this complex expression?
- From: awacs7 at home.com (Aram Schiffman)
- Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 04:04:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I have this expression: Sqrt[-(lam/Im[(d1*lam - f*lam + I*Pi*w0^2)/(d1*d2*lam - d2*f*lam - f^2*lam + I*d2*Pi*w0^2)])]/Sqrt[Pi] and I wish to simplify it. (Or other expressions with essentially the same structure). All variables are real and positive, so I want the real parts of Im[...] to go away. It's easy enough by hand, but for various reasons I would like Mathematica to do it for me. I had a general idea to somehow map ComplexSimplify through all levels of the expression, and then work my way (somehow) back to the top level. Problem is, when I use "Level," the Heads go away; I can't automate the reverse process. I can't think of any other approach to try. Is there a way to do this thing? Thanks in advance, Aram Schiffman