Re: integer to string??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30967] Re: [mg30940] integer to string??
- From: Tom De Vries <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Richard, I think what you want is ToString....? n = 10; filename = "fred"; StringJoin[filename, ToString[n]] Hope that helps, Tom > From: "Richard" <wzn at jongnederland.nl> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 02:17:03 -0400 (EDT) > Subject: [mg30967] [mg30940] integer to string?? > > Hi all, > > Is it possible to append an integer to a string? For example in a for-loop > i'm trying to create the strings: file1, file2, file3, etc. How can I do > this by appending a counter (i) to the string filee. > > Thanx !!, > WJ > > > > > >