Re: Re: ReadList, mix Words & Numbers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30952] Re: [mg30934] Re: ReadList, mix Words & Numbers?
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 03:55:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a message dated 2001/9/27 2:53:19 AM, rlove at neosoft.com writes: >Mariusz Jankowski wrote : > >>Robert, here is the solution. I used the following approach - read the >data >>as a list of records and use string operations to locate the numbers and >>extract. > >I didn't catch the error in this method until I tried it for myself. Every >number generated from a string representing a number in "Exponent" form >fails to convert correctly. For example, a string of " -0.7623174679E-008" > becomes -10.0722 > >Is there a way I can correctly convert strings of the form I have to numbers? > ToExpression[StringReplace[ "-0.7623174679E-008", "E" -> "*^"]] Bob Hanlon Chantilly, VA USA